Ephesians 1:5

"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will."

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Stairs, lots and lots of stairs


Yup today’s big event was the Great Wall. Always impressive to look at, not always easy to climb. Although, I must admit, it was much nicer this time than last. Last time I made the mistake of deciding to run the stairs of our 26 story hotel three times the day before. It was 100,000 degrees outside last time while today it was cool with a great breeze. And last time there was Kara. She fell asleep in my arms just as we started climbing, and I had to climb with a sweaty pile of dead weight. Amazingly, I didn’t have a ton of pictures taken of me like I did last time. Gabriel seemed to really enjoy the wall. Why would I think that? The fact that he was near vibrating as we got there and then took off like a mountain goat risking the wrath of the father as he disappeared from sight, those might be clues.
Conquering the Great Wall
Great Wall Defenders

Also, went to a couple of tourist trap/history type places. They were interesting for learning about things like the making of things out of jade and a certain type of pots and other items made out of copper. We went to another Chinese restaurant for lunch and Pizza Hut for dinner. Pretty good pizza and at least some of us really like the Chinese food.

Not too much else to say about today, but here is a picture of my favorite translation for the day:


Here are some pictures from the previous day's activities:
Arriving at New Day Foster Home

Delivering goods



1 comment: