Ephesians 1:5

"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will."

Sunday, August 12, 2012

This is the way we do sick, and it's still pouring...

Ugh, I am such a sorry blogger! The time just flies by and I realize that our poor newest son has not gotten nearly the press coverage as our other child from China. It might also be because he is so incredibly easy, I have no really naughty stories or pictures to share. How about just a shot of him because he's cute?

That is corn on the side of his face, he's probably saving it for later.  He loves corn.


Here he is not watching the monster truck video with the other tods.  This kid knows what to do when the camera comes out!

So in my last post I talked about our getting rained out of our camping trip, the car breaking down, and the infectious disease plaguing our home. Thankfully the disease did not extend past the four kids.  We realized later that D and I have already had it.  Not sure about Papa Bear, and L.B. either has had it, or is somehow immune. 

The kids were considered to be contagious until all of their mouth sores had healed.  Consequently, they looked fine and were feeling better, but had to still be quarantined.  This is how they handled not being able to go to church.

 G referred to the Rubbermaid container as the "safety car"
 Sad that his ride is over







 After their thrill ride, they decided to form a "Muppet band."  Here they are being muppets, playing their air instruments:
 Okay, ignore the mess on the table, look at L.B. wondering if it's too late to go back to China...
 He slowly moves his way out of this crazy scene...
 while the rest of the kids let loose...




Yeah, yeah, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  My sister and I used to play the air guitar in the bathroom, getting ready for school.

The kids are all well now, but the mama is gimpy.  I was rushing through the house, intent on running to the store while I had dinner in the oven.  I ran into one of our heavy kitchen chairs.  I moved, but the chair didn't.  I tried to shake it off, went to the store, walked around, and by the time I got home, my shoe barely fit.  I went to the doctor a few days later, and he told me I had both a broken toe and a sprained foot.  He asked what I did for a living, I told him I stay home with my kids.  He said, "Well, that's work."  I said, "Yeah, I have six kids."  He laughed.  Then he said, "Well, you'll have to stay off your foot as much as possible," and laughed again.  I did too.  That's a pretty funny thought.

I think we're ready for a drought about now......
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear L.B. is easy! He is really cute.

    Sorry to hear about the tangle you had with the chair. OUCH!

    I hope you are able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete