Ephesians 1:5

"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will."

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I got pics, lots of pics.  But that's all people want anyway...

Before I start, I thought I'd address my use of the kids' initials instead of their names.  I was told that it is best to not give the kids' real names.  So I'm going to act like one of those cool mom bloggers who has hundreds of followers and give my kids nicknames.  I'll list them by age, oldest to youngest: Big D., Bob, Sissy, Kimi, Monkey Boy, and LB.

 Here's Kimi teaching LB how to abscond with their older sister's footwear.

 
I was surprised at this one...Kimi wanted LB on her lap while we were reading books.
 
 I think she is starting to enjoy being a big sister.  Technically she's been a big sister since she got here, but now she has a little brother who acts like one.

So do things like this happen in your house?  I heard someone rather urgently calling my name.  After a brief search, this is what I found.  Any guesses who might be in the box?

Were you right? Kind of predictable, huh?

I had to call for reinforcements on this one.  The same child managed to get his head stuck in the banister.  The only way to get him out was to slide him through.

That was, of course, after I snapped some pictures.

This next series of pictures if of my youngest learning how to put on a shirt.  Yes, usually kids his age have been putting on and taking off their clothes for years, okay, months...usually when you don't want them to (oh, like say, dropping their drawers in front of a group and insisting it was okay saying,  "But the girls laughed").  Self-reliance is not one of our son's goals in life.  The other day there was a cord laying across a doorway (it was on the ground, not stretched taut across the doorway).  When LB wanted to go through the doorway, he looked at the cord, pointed to it and loudly and with urgency called, "MAMA!"  The response he received was, "Step over it."  He did.

He starts off enjoying the process...



He realizes that his shirt was not on quite right and tries to correct it.
 

 Now, about those pesky arms...what am I supposed to do with them?
 
 There are no arm holes, this is a trick!!!!!
 
 Not so much fun now, Mom...

 Success, kind of... should we tell him that it's on backward???
 
The next series of pictures we'll call "head shots."
 
Here's one muppity moppity monkey boy

 
 He decided to hide those tresses "under" a special head covering (get it?)

 
We found this great wig when we were at Grandma and Grandpa's.  Not sure if they were trying to look like Grandma... I know I'm totally biased here, but does this kid have a great grin or what?


Bob decided to enhance his look with the addition of a lovely chapeau and handpuppet sidekick.
 
I've got a lot more pictures, but I thought I'd give an update on our present adoption process.  Those of you "in the know" might remember that we were hoping to adopt a little girl at the same time we were in process with LB.  We started a new set of paperwork (dossier) for her, but she was matched with another family.  We still wanted to proceed with another adoption and expected to have our dossier into China this past spring, but were told it would be more like this month.
 
Flashback to a few weeks ago.  It's a long story, but our agency told us they could no longer provide the services we needed in submitting a new dossier.  We would be getting back all the dossier documents we provided, but would have to start over on a brand new homestudy with a new agency.  (A homestudy is basically a report a social worker writes up based on interviews, questionnaires, visits, medical reports, letters of reference, etc.  There's a lot of time and paperwork that goes into a homestudy).  We are now working with two new agencies, each needing its own set of paperwork from us.  Just to give you a sample of what the paperwork looks like, I took a picture of our first sets for both agencies...notice I said first set...
 
Oh well, it'll keep me busy since my life is so dull and uneventful.....
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment