It's late, I'm tired, this is going to be short and quick.
This morning the twins and I went for a walk (I walked, they rode in their double stroller chariot) with my friend Pam and her doggie. And because this is me and I had the WTs, something had to happen. The stroller broke. Thankfully we were close to our destination when it happened. I was crossing the street, hit the little curb thing to get onto the sidewalk, and crack! One of the front wheels broke inward. This particular wheel had been repaired before, so it was already weakened.
Pam two-wheeled the stroller back while I had a twin in each hand. That was slow going. Micah wanted to stop constantly, and Kara was flipping out because Pam was taking her beloved mode of transportation away (When we were in China, she'd cry when we took her out of the stroller. We would call it the "empress' chariot.")
After the traumatic walk, I took the WTs to the grocery store (you're right, I am not a bright person). I loaded the WTs into one of those "cool carts" which is a cart attached to a plastic car. I don't know what the turning radius is on that thing, but maneuvering it was like taking the Suburban through an obstacle course designed for a VW bug.
I thought I'd try to be considerate to my fellow shoppers by keeping the Behemoth as far to the right as possible, making it easy to pass us. What I didn't think about was that it also put all the merchandise within arm's length of the WTs. Thank God (literally) we were not by glass bottles when I discovered this. I looked down and saw that Micah had piled an assortment of plastic containers into the car. A little while later, I caught sight of something flying through the air. It was Micah's shoes. Kara had removed her socks and shoes, but had been kind enough to just drop them out of the car instead of launch them. I cut the shopping trip short.
I let the WTs play outside. They found water and rocks mixed together. When I discovered them, Kara was shoeless, sockless, pantless, and carrying a load. I cut their outside play short.
Micah is into head butting. It hurts.
Micah played post office today by "mailing" three DVDs into the DVD player. I found them stuck underneath the drawer.
Micah loves playing "recycling truck" and "garbage truck." He decided to get realistic by dumping out our garbage can onto the carpet.
This time home alone with the twins...not so short and quick.
You make me laugh so hard when i read about your adventures. Makes me realize my life is really not that complicated!! Can't wait to observe it in person at the family reunion. :)
ReplyDeleteI have a flying toddler. Want one? She likes to jump off the couch onto her small PB chair. :)
ReplyDelete