Are you amazed that I am blogging so often? I have a little bit of extra time for the next few days as the 3OS are on a ski trip with their Dad. So I'm home alone with the WTs. This is quite an adjustment as it has been a long time since I've had just two toddlers. And they were not wonder twins. With whom I'm all alone. Me and them.
I decided to do something every day with the WTs to pass the time. Today we went to Pump-it-Up with my friend Rebecca and her daughter. Pump-it-Up is basically a warehouse that contains a number of inflatable jumpy houses and play structures. The WTs had a great time, especially on the 17 ft. slide. Micah would climb to the top, scream at the top of his lungs like a girl, and then say, "One...two....one-two!" Then down the slide he'd fly. It was amazing to watch Kara scrambling around, looking like a future rock climber. I kept thinking that this is the same girl who six months ago could barely walk, and when she did, looked like a drunken sailor.
After Pump-it-Up, I took the twins to the store to buy a microwave. Yes, we were still without one, and I was tired of living in the stone ages. The twins did well at the store. Okay, "well" is a relative term. So a few things got thrown out of the cart, and boxes were being opened by teeth, but we left with everyone's limbs intact and Mom's sanity mostly there. Hey, we left with a microwave!
I had to hold myself back from building an altar in front of that wonder machine. I've been reheating leftovers in the oven for the last few months, so using the microwave was like putting my food in a time machine. The WTs thought it was a new television or something. When the light would come on, and they could see the food twirling around, they would burst out in laughter.
This mirth continued during dinner...at the expense of their mother. The WTs were eating their dinner, and I was cutting more veggies (Kara is a veggie addict). When I came to the table, Kara was without her fork. When I asked her where her fork was, she showed me her hand and said, "hand." Uh huh, she knows what a fork is. She's trying to throw me off the trail. I ask again where her fork is and she puts her hands up and says, "Fork. Go?" I tell her, "You're the one who should know where your fork went. Where is it?" "There," she says, pointing to the floor. It is not there. Micah gets in on the act. "There," he says, pointing to a different spot on the floor. No fork. Kara reaches behind her back, so I think that she put her fork behind her. I reach behind, feel underneath her, and finally pull her out of her chair to see if it's under her. It is nowhere to be found! I am positively flummoxed by this point (isn't that a great word?).
I give up, thinking that Kara might have flung the fork somewhere. I assume I'll find it sometime before the WTs go to college. I sit down to eat my dinner, and that's when the victory chant began. It went something like this:
Micah: "Sopo do chachi do"
Kara: "Bada" (accompanied by a fist pump, no kidding)
Micah: "Nobo dado sasey"
Kara: "Bada" (accompanied by another fist pump)
Here is the translation:
Micah: "Hail Wonder twin power, we have triumphed over the one who oppresses us."
Kara: "Hail Wonder twin power!" (fist pump)
Micah: "We have conquered, we the magnificent, the sublime."
Kara: "Hail Wonder twin power!" (fist pump).
Yes, they had gotten me. I did eventually find the missing fork. When I took Micah out of his high chair after dinner, there was the fork. Somehow Kara had "passed" the fork across the table to Micah, who then decided to put it under that chunky monkey rear of his.
BTW, my wonder machine has to be returned. It decided to run itself. It had a mind of its own. Just like two other beings in this household.
Here are the victors:
No comments:
Post a Comment