I could never make money as a blogger. I keep meaning to update, but time just keeps escaping. Kara has been home with us for two months now and it is amazing how well she is doing. If I were left in
Kara continues to add words to her vocabulary and it is very fun to hear her voice. When she walks out of a room you are in she will say “Bye bye” and wave, only to reappear soon thereafter.
If Kara were an animal she would be a goat. She eats anything and will butt others (okay just Micah) out of the way when she is grazing, uh I mean eating. If I put some Cheerios on the coffee table I always spread them out so they can be reached from various angles. Kara’s favorite angle is the one that has Micah in it. She reaches for the “Os” in front of him and will do this impressive maneuver with her skinny little hip that sends our little Michelin man running around the table to the opposite side. And of course she will go to that side to repeat the action.
Kara and Micah both love to dance (so do the two oldest, but it’s more like interpretive dance which seems to include a lot of jumping and running maniacally around). Micah kind of gently bounces and will sometimes go from side to side. Kara basically does a series of squats. Sometimes the arms get involved and she used to do a move we called the “ax chop.” She'd take one arm and use it to chop imaginary wood. After watching his daughter dance for a while, James commented, “And I thought white people had no rhythm.”
I kid you not, there are days that I really wish my kids did not act their ages.
The cleanest spot in the house hands down is in the downstairs bathroom. Kara got to the soap dispenser and managed to dump the contents of it onto the carpet. It’s a lot of work to get large amounts of soap out of the carpet. Thank you Lord for the wet van we bought BC (before children). I thought the price was outrageous then, now I can’t believe what a bargain it was.
Having “twins” makes you ambidextrous. When it’s just me and I’m not having the kids help with feeding, I put a twin on either side of me and sometimes feed them simultaneously. I’m thinking of entering “
My oldest son was walking around with my tennis shoes on…and they fit him perfectly.
Here’s a top 10 list:
Top 10 things you do not like to hear when you have Wets
10. The phone being dialed when all responsible people are present and accounted for
9. The sound of something falling to the floor that contains many many pieces
8. Water being splashed on the kitchen floor and then being played with
7. “Mom, look who got to the Dragon plant” (the perpetrator was walking around with an empty pot, the carpet was holding the former contents)
6. “One of the twins is toxic!”
5. Piano keys being played by chubby little sausage toes attached to feet which are standing on the piano
4. Water splashing inside the toilet being treated like a play water table
3. The phrase “uh oh” being uttered by one of the WTs
2. “Look Mom! Kara looks like a Christmas tree. She’s decorating her hair with her food!”
1. The number one things you do not want to hear when you have WTs…………
Silence!!!!!! (because other sounds will follow!)
Wets? What are Wets? . . . Oh, WT's, right? :-) Gotcha. I love to watch the WT's dance in the nursery. They should go on So You Think You Can Dance. They were having a dance off last week :-).
ReplyDeleteAD