Ephesians 1:5

"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will."

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The city of lost things

This came to me while I was making dinner...and wondering where our digital camera is...enjoy.

I am looking for the city
The city of lost things
That houses all the items
Each wayward toddler brings

I know it must be far away
Because I've searched for it in vain
Each attempt to find this distant land
Has left me a little bit less sane

I imagine that the welcome sign
Reads a little bit like this,
"All important things are welcome here
things the parents are sure to miss."

Here the bill frolics with the keys
And the shoe and the remote play
The digital camera dines with the watch
And the checkbook sings the night away

I fear I will never see this land
For when is passed the toddler stage
And things continue to disappear
I'll have to blame it on my old age!

No comments:

Post a Comment