I took this picture to remind me of how things used to be. The big difference is that the person who made the mess is not the girl in the picture. Do you notice a pair of small feet in the top of the frame? Those feet belong to...
this guy, our current mess maker. While the others were brazen mess makers, this guy works in stealth mode. We allow the kids to watch one video a day. Before they can watch the video, they have to pick up all their toys. We will have finally corralled all the toys (we rival Toys 'r Us for the number of items we keep on our shelves, I am not proud of that), the triplets can then watch their video. We, naively, think that they are all enjoying their media time when we notice that the ninja triplet has snuck out and quietly undone our previous work. To his credit, he is very good at putting things away when you give him a task.
This picture is reminiscent of the old days as well. That box they have open contains lots of little hair clips, barrettes, little bands, and other assorted hair accoutrements. The twins have always enjoyed that box. Their favorite thing to do with it was to empty it of its contents and spread the items all over the floor. Do you notice that the box is still full? Miracles happen, people!!!!! Monkey boy said that he was making Kimi "a princess."
Monkey boy will still refer to himself and Kimi as "the twins." Once he asked me, "Do you have any cookies for the little twins?" The two of them really are the older siblings to LB. They help him and they teach him naughty things as you would expect.
Monkey boy is brushing LB's teeth. What you can't see is that Monkey boy's tongue is sticking out as well.
Kimi is helping LB to pass the time while he, uh, waits to see if everything comes out okay.
As promised, here are the pictures of the WTs giving their dad a buzz.
Kimi needed a little assistance in getting the top of Dad's head. This is the way Dad looked after his trim. Don't worry, we did not allow him to go out in public that way. Mom evened things out.
I have just discovered that I have exceeded my capacity to post any new pictures, so I can't show the pics of LB hard at work at his at-home physical therapy. He is climbing onto (very unhappily may I add) a small stool and is howling about it. It's not real physical therapy, rather a series of skills I want him to develop. We pretty much have him dressing himself (the clothes are always backward, but one skill at a time), though he still complains about it.
We have come to realize that he relies heavily on his upper body strength, to the detriment of his lower body (his left leg in particular is very weak). For example, I have been working hard on getting him to stand up from a sitting position without using his hands to push him up (you know, the "rear end in the air" style indicative of toddlers first learning to walk). It requires a four step process, no kidding. Just getting him to sit up on his knees without using his hands took lots and lots of time amid much ballyhooing by him. His favorite saying is, "I can't do it Momma!' To which Coach Mom repeats again and again and again, "Yes you can. You can do it. You will do it."
Having him get up on the 6" high stool has been a tedious and rather arduous process (if you're wondering why it's such a big deal to get on the stool, it's because he can't get onto the toilet without it. Being diaper-free is dependent on his stool climbing abilities...uh footstool that is). He has finally succeeded in getting up without holding onto anything. He does quite well, until I make him use his left leg first. Then it's like I have asked him to summit Mt. Everest. "I can't do it Momma! I gonna fall!" Coach Mom goes into action, instructing him, pushing him to keep trying. You see, I may be a tough coach, but I am also his biggest cheerleader. I know what he is capable of and I see the look on his face when he succeeds. It's priceless...but if someone wanted to pay me for doing this, you couldn't afford me.
Stay tuned, I might be switching blog sites so I can post more photos for free. I know no one will read my blog anymore if it is not accompanied by triplet photos. Admit it, it's true. I wouldn't either.
No comments:
Post a Comment