Before I show the pics, I do want to say that we should find out this week when the "boys" will travel to China to get LB!!!! We are hoping the end of this month is you can believe it!!!
Okay, this is not a China pic...but I had to slip in this photo of "Micah Mouse"
This is the famous "red couch" picture. All adoptive families must travel to Guangzhou as it is the only city to issue immigrant visas. So the place is crawling with "conspicuous families." The White Swan (nicknamed "The Baby Hotel") was where we and many other families stayed. They have a playroom in the hotel sponsored by Mattel. One day we returned to our hotel room to find a gift from Mattel - a Barbie holding an Asian baby!! No lie! So on this couch are the two kids who were with us the entire time we were in China. You can see how much they were enjoying the red couch photo shoot.
We were in a group of 20 families total. Only three families adopted from Beijing, the rest flew out to their various provinces to get their kiddos. Here are the moms and kids with the paparazzi. Hard to believe, but this really is in the inside of the hotel. And that is a waterfall to the right.We wandered around to the local outdoor markets and found various delicacies...I think the bags on the floor had dried worms and there were bags of dried seahorses on the second shelf.
Dried snakes, nummy!!!
Sea stars and snake skins
Really big flies (I was glad they were dead and not buzzing around my head)
Little did Micah know who would really be doing the pushing around...
Little Miss Money Bags...she is walking around with three money bags (noticably empty of the thousands we brought over there!)When we get the other pictures I will be sure to upload them (I mean, some of the thousands) and be one of those obnoxious people who force you to view their vacation pictures! But really, won't it be worth it to at least see "The Hypermart" and the lady who wiped Kara down after we were horrible parents and took her out in the rain??? See this entry for that story http://froislandfamily.blogspot.com/2010/08/no-good-very-bad-parental-units.html
(It was August 4, 2010).
Julie, not the red couch picture with my angry son!!!! I was doing such a good job repressing that memory. Oh, he sure could hold a grudge since he wasn't happy about walking around the island from the night before. Thankfully, we've never had a repeat performance to that level again. Communication goes a long way in this parenting adventure.
ReplyDelete