Yikes, has it been since the beginning of February since I ratted on my kids? Much has happened since that time that has kept us busy...I mean busier than normal...I mean, that is, OUR normal...which isn't very normal at all, is it?
For starters, we received our "Letter of Acceptance" (our first formal document from China) for our son. We still have a number of hoops to jump through (mostly with immigration), but we are hoping for a travel date in May(ish). But this is us, so anything can happen and usually does.
So, you may ask, is a family of eight enough for us? The answer is a resounding "no!" There is a long backstory to this, but here are the highlights: We see a girl who needs to be a part our family. We find out China allows for concurrent adoptions. We ask our agency about it. They say no can do, against policy. I say policy is meant to be changed. I appeal a change. Agency bigwigs have meetings. Agency bigwigs allow crazy family to start another adoption. This adoption must start from the very beginning (which includes submitting an application). This means two sets of paperwork for this adoption, and remaining paperwork for our son's adoption. We are told we are taking a big risk as the girl is not yet adoptable. We say no guts, no glory. Our goal is to have all paperwork done by mid-April. We are doing in three months what it took us nine months to do last time...when we only had three kids...before wonder twins...when we were still somewhat sane.
Speaking of the wonder twins, what would a post be without a WT tale or two? Lately they have been resurrecting old plays from the WT playbook. Mama no like. Only now they think they can rationalize their way out of trouble. For instance, they used to dump out all the puzzles so we had mixed puzzle pieces all over the floor. We took the puzzles away for a while until they showed interest in actually using the puzzle for what it's designed. I caught them the other day gleefully dumping puzzles out again. When I ask them about what they were doing I get this, "But Mom, we're going to play with them. We're going to use them with our dump trucks. See?" (sure enough, their dump trucks are loaded with puzzle pieces. Really???) Now those stinkers have me negotiating, "Oh, well, uh, don't dump anymore out, okay?" I didn't, however, hear even an attempt at an excuse for spreading ashes all over the carpet. I thought for sure I'd hear something abut pixie dust and trying to fly.
Micah's latest thing is to say that you are his best friend. It sounds so wonderfully charming, and is usually followed by a hug and kiss. You can get feeling pretty good until you hear this..."Mom, I love the tree outside. It's my best friend. I am going to hug and kiss it. It's so sweet." Our son, the tree hugger.
Hopefully next time we will have more pictures. We're using an old dinosaur of a computer right now that will not perform such a task.
Happy day to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment