In the other corner we have the WT's favorite CD. It contains top hits such as "Bananas in Pajamas," "Hokey Pokey" (which Micah calls the "Funky Monkey"), and...wait for it...the timeless wedding favorite..."The Chicken Dance." Kara calls the CD "I'm a little teatot." By the way, what is up with "Gooy Goosy Gander?" Part of the song involves an old man not saying his prayers so someone throws him down the stairs and his back goes crack. Wow, that's the stuff of nightmares.
So at any given moment while I'm working away in the kitchen or cleaning (which is pretty much every minute of the day, except now), I either have "more bottom up or top down" going through my head or (and I defy any of you to hear this and not have it infiltrate your brain to your extreme detriment) "Wiggerly Woo." This is hardcore warfare. Not even YoYo Ma seems to help, it's that bad people.
I know no one wants to hear me blab without pictures, so here we go:
The twins decided to have their own church service complete with preaching,
(Hmm, what do you think the title of that sermon should be? "I am the chief of sinners?" )
singing, (those are hymnals that they have before them),
and of course prayer (hopefully there's a lot of repentance mixed in).
If you ask Micah to recite Ephesians 6:1 to you, he'll say "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Now at first glance that seems to be impressive that this 2-year-old can recite Bible verses. Just keep in mind that that verse gets quoted to him every time we have a "talk" and he has to get "corrected." So you connect the dots, why does he know that particular verse so well?????
Before I show the next set of pictures, let me just say that I used to think that putting your children on "leashes" was horrible. I said I would never do that to my kids. (I said a lot of things before the WTs, like "I am a sane and competent woman"). Then the WTs materialized and I invested in "harnesses." Truth be told I really only used them once when I took the WTs to visit our friend Mike in the hospital. I will say they did come in handy. Since then, the only use they get is from the WTs playing with them (perhaps snubbing their noses at my attempt to restrain them). So anyway, here is a game they enjoy playing with the harnesses.
Here's the front view. You can see cute little paws from Micah's monkey and Kara's puppy.
What they'll do is they'll hook the end of the "leash" (or should we say implement of guidance? Sounds so much more PC) to a doorknob and then try to get away.
Great little game. We all enjoy it. Self-restraint is a good thing.
Happy weekend, all! (And another shout out to my Norwegian readers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment