Micah had been running a fever, so the WTs and I stayed home from church while the 3OS caught a ride with their Uncle Mike and Aunt Pam. Now, I already know that I cannot use the restroom while I am solo caretaker of the WTs. That's just folly speaking. I had this idea, however, that I could work out in the family room while the WTs played around me. It didn't take long for me to be startled by the absence of noise from the WTs. Instantly, and instinctively, I say, "Don't get into the cabinet!" (visions of soy sauce and peppermint extract go through my head). I jump up to look over the counter and see the cabinet doors closed, so that's not where they have staged their attack. I run over to the front door. Nope, it's locked and our new security door not breached. I hear a small noise from the kitchen and this is what I found:
The WTs had taken a cooling rack off the counter. On the cooling rack were mini baked doughnuts that had (notice the use of the past tense here) chocolate icing on them. The WTs were gleefully and unabashedly licking the icing off of the doughnuts. Before I snapped these pictures, I did take a minute to scoop up any intact doughnuts I could find. I found four.
So this is how a sick kid rolls....
Hey, Julie! I hadn't read your blog in awhile so I was surprised and happy to see pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI love how Kara's hair is growing out.
The WTs sure keep you busy!
We're doing great. Micah acts just like he has been part of the family forever except for some of his habits leftover from China- eating fast, taking big bites, not shutting the bathroom door when he.., etc. Sarah really hates when he doesn't shut the door and we get to see, well you know.
Take care,
Beth
He starts baseball next week. Joe was working with him a little on catching and he accidently got hit in the face so now he's scared.