It's 1:15am, I need to go to bed, but I just had to write about "The Dinner Quest."
I had to get the older three fed and out the door to catch their ride to their karate lesson. As they were starting their dinner the wondertwins awoke and needed to be fed as well. I got everyone seated and started working on my dinner. It was a salad. Just a salad. You know, lettuce and stuff. I started at 6pm.
The 3 OOs (3 older ones) finshed eating and left, leaving me alone with the WTs. So began the game I called "The Dinner Quest." Here's a condensed version of how it was played:
-Mom starts making salad. Go ahead two spaces.
-Male WT decorates the floor with an unfinished plate of pasta with marinara sauce. Go back two spaces.
-Mom cleans up and cuts snap peas for salad. Go ahead one space.
- Mom is attacked by the "cling-ons," one on each leg. Both crying. Lose a turn.
-Mom bribes WTs with cups of little cookies. Mom puts cups on opposite sides of the room to keep WTs from getting each other's cookies. Mom must stay in room as WTs find that the other's cookies are way better. Reverse direction.
- Mom gets WTs to play with cars. Jump ahead three spaces.
- Mom must interrupt tissue frenzy. Little bits of tissue are decorating the floor and being eaten. Lose two points.
- Mom approaches salad making area. Male WT grabs a full cup of water that one of the 3 OOs left behind. Water spills everywhere. Male WT spreads water on the table. Female WT is under the table participating in water painting. Female WT's pants are soaked through. As Mom goes to change her, the senses are assaulted by toxic waste smell. The one person Hazard materials team must spring into action. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
- WTs start playing with stuff. Mom hears the shoe cabinet open and shoes hitting the floor. Mom pretends she doesn't know what is happening. Salad proceeds. Go ahead five spaces.
- Mom sees Cheerios flying like confetti. Mom intercedes and reads books to WTs. Mom referees boxing match between WTs. Mom is really hungry and thinks often of her salad.
- 3 OOs come home. Female OO needs help with shower. WTs freak out as Mom goes upstairs leaving #2 OO to watch WTs. It does not go well. Go back two spaces.
- 3 OOs have popcorn as a snack while they watch their video. WTs want some. Mom thinks that will buy time. WTs fight over popcorn. WTs need water after eating popcorn. WTs fight over cups of water. WTs want to sit on Mom's lap...one on top of the other. WTs crush popcorn and make snow out of it. Lose 5 points.
- Mom must get WTs ready for bed, put them to bed, and stay with female WT until she falls asleep. Female WT does not want to sleep. Mom would like to sleep, but she is too hungry. Go back to start.
- Children call Father to say goodnight. Mom gets the phone to talk to Father just as she is sitting down to eat. Mom tells Father about her day. Father tells Mother he will be gone almost the entire day tomorrow.
- Mother eats salad at 10:30pm. Mom washes salad down with a caramel brownie.
-Game over.
Thanks for sharing insights into the Froislands new life. I will be praying for you all. May God give you grace and strength and multiple arms and most of all eyes behind your head! :-)
ReplyDeleteNever a dull moment!
ReplyDeleteJulie, I feel the same way sometimes, with a slightly larger age gap! (I am glad I am not alone and) I will try to remember to pray for you when I find myself in my own version of "Dinner Quest"!
ReplyDelete