4pm Friday (our time)
We have in our possession the certificate of adoption that says we are the parents of Kara Kimiko Froisland! She is legally ours as of this afternoon. And since she is a Froisland now, she has decided to act like a Froisland. Now that her walking is getting better, that’s all she wants to do. She has decided to become a very busy little girl. You all can pray for me now since those who don’t even know Micah say, “You are going to have your hands full when you get home!” She protests loudly when she is not able to walk (like when we are taking those loooooong drives) or does not have food in her mouth as soon as she wants it.
Tomorrow is the Great Wall tour and an hour and a half drive (ugh). It’s going to be interesting. We have to try to climb the wall with a two year old (can’t take the stroller) and we left the baby frontback at home. Bad move.
Fun translation quote of the day: (from the Beijing orphanage pamphlet) “This is where the children with cerebal palsy can receive daycare, prevention and health care, disinfection and growth monitoring services.” Gotta disinfect those babies!
BTW, I learned to say “Ting bu dong” which means “I don’t understand.” I’m going to try it out today when we go to the Hypermarket since people will speak Chinese to me. I learned today that throwing your hands up in the “I don’t know” position is not a Chinese gesture. Now I know that people think I’m crazy when not only do I not respond when spoken to, but I start gesticulating like a lunatic. I’ll let you know how it goes.
I am so enjoying these posts and going through these experiences with you (minus the +100 and all the humidity mind you!). I am praying that Kara begins to enjoy her journeys in the car (less to no crying, please) and that our Father would translate His love (demonstrated by you) to her heart and that she would REST in it (less gorging, more relaxed and trusting). I am praying that He would give you endurance and a continued good sense of humor through the cultural gambit you are running and that He will be giving you insights into Kara that will help you help her transition when she comes to her next cultural jump :-). Hugs to you and to my new little niece! I love you!
ReplyDeleteAunt Dana