Ephesians 1:5

"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will."

Monday, July 26, 2010

Letter to Kara

To my sweet girl,
Mommy and Daddy are coming to get you shortly. We have waited so long to see you and can hardly believe you will be in our arms soon! We have prayed for you and loved you before you were born. We have named you Joy because that is what you will bring to our house and to the lives of so many who have been with us on this journey.

As your adoption day approaches, I can't help but think of my adoption day. You see, I was chosen and loved just like you before I ever knew who chose me. I was not chosen because I was perfect. Like you, I have "issues" too. And yet, like you will, I became a daughter. You will be the daughter of ordinary sinners, I became the daughter of the King. You will come to trust and take comfort in our presence, as I have come to trust and take comfort in the presence of my heavenly Father. And guess what...when you come home you will have a new name. You will become Kara Kimiko Froisland. When I go to my heavenly home I will get a new name too (only mine is secret)! Of course my greatest desire is that you will be three times named and you also will become the daughter of the King.

There is a Chinese saying that "an invisible, unbreakable red thread connects all who are destined to be together." Well my love, that thread is pulling us to you. That thread has also connected you to so many who are waiting to meet you. So many wait to welcome you home. They have prayed for you for so long and can't wait to love on you.

Soon, very soon, Mommy and Daddy will be there.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you go to get your little sweetheart! Love AJ & UV

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you started the blog! We look forward to reading through the journey to China and home. Praying for you all. Love and prayers, The Mortensen Three

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my first thoughts this morning was that the Froislands are leaving for China today! We will be praying for you; we're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Kara,

    There are many of us who have been praying for you long before you were even born. We have anticipated your arrival for some time and are so happy that the day of your adoption is near at hand. We celebrate with joy your arrival to the Froisland family and anticipate the day when you will be adopted into the Royal family. I can hardly wait to meet you and be a part of teaching you the ways of our heavenly Father (and also teaching you to love the color purple, the color of the Royal family!)

    Love,

    Aunt Dana

    ReplyDelete